Saturday, December 5, 2009

holiday extravaganza

Today mom and I ventured on over to her school where they were having a holiday extravaganza.  She raved about the cute baskets and it sounded like a fun holidayish thing to do!  On the way there, I told myself I'd spend $10 on raffle tickets - 10 tickets to put in any baskets I wanted.

She was right - several fun items indeed.  I got my money out ... and realized I really had $11.  At that point, we decided it was better to spend $15 since the tickets we already counted in stacks of 5 or 10.  Mom threw in the extra $4 ... and off we went to look at the baskets.

After looking at them all, I selected a few and put 2-3 tickets in each basket that was my favorite.  We joked about how I always fold my tickets  in weird ways in hopes that it will be easy for the hand that is drawing to select the one with my name on it.  We knew the drawings would take place later in the day and you didn't have to be present to win, so after we chatted with a few familiar faces ... we were on our way.

About 3:30, mom reminded me that the drawings were probably taking place.  We had our phones ready in case we'd get a lucky call.  Mom is normally fairly lucky in these situations... and her mom was always a winner in drawings.  I'm a different story.  A loser MOST of the times.  Today was different.

My phone rang ... and with good news!  I won the "decor galore" basket!  We couldn't believe it!  Anyway, kinda fun ... and soon (when I figure out this blog thing!) I'll post some pictures of the new decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment